Faith Group connects God’s Word to our lives in an intentional way. The lessons below gives a Faith Group leader a guide that will help grow his disciples. Each study is rooted in Scripture and deals with real-life issues that are relevant to today’s believers.
Who is God to you this week?
What are the simple, wonderful or powerful things
He has done to your life?
Principle # 1: CHECK (Ephesians 6:21 / Psalm 90:12)
- Check his/her current status by asking: “How are you feeling now? What’s happening to your life? What are you currently focused on
Principle # 2: AROUSE (Ephesians 6:22 / 1 Corinthians 10:13)
- Arouse his/her heart to be more encouraged to face life (with its challenges, struggles and successes) with God.
Principle # 3: REVIVE (Ephesians 6:23 / John 14:27 )
- Revive his/her spirit with God’s peace and love
Principle # 4: EXHORT (Ephesians 6:24 / 1 Corinthians 10:31)
- Exhort him/her to always glorify God and depend in His grace in everything he/she does for his/her study, work, family, ministry or community.
- Who are the three (3) persons you would like to express your love and care this week?
- What would you like to say to them so that they will be encouraged to lives with hope and excitement?
- Pray and invite more family or friends to join the Faith Group.
- Pray and invite a family or friend to join the Faithful Jesus Church.
Was there a miracle that God did in your life this week?
How did it affect or upgraded the quality of your life?
Step # 1: ADORATION (Matthew 6:9-10)
- Name who God is for you today. (E.g. “You are my healer”)
- Fully acknowledge his lordship and will in your life.
Step # 2: CONFESSION (Matthew 6:12)
- Specify to God the sins you have done now and in the past week.
- Ask God to forgive us from our sins and cleanse us from all our wrongdoings (1 John 1:9)
- Never forget to forgive others who have done wrong to you
Step # 3: THANKSGIVING (1 Thessalonians 5:18)
- What are you thankful to God now? What have you learned or benefitted from that situation?
“Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.” – Melody Beattie (American Writer)
Step # 4: SUPPLICATION
- Ask God to provide for your daily needs. (Matthew 6:11)
- Ask God to keep you away from and to deliver you out of evil and temptation. (Matthew 6:13)
- What would you life to ask God now?
What must we do now?
- Who are the persons you would like to pray for this week? Why would you like to prayer for them?
- Invite a family or friend to join the Faithful Jesus Church.
Share a story as to how God has saved you this week.
What have you learned from that situation?
Benefit # 1: Enjoy Access to God’s Grace
- Ephesians 2:8
- Grace is God’s freely and willingly given favor to believers.
- Discuss: What favor are you asking from God now?
Benefit # 2: Establish Relationship with God
- John 1:12
- We are now the children of God thus we enjoy close and meaningful fellowship with Him.
- Discuss: How would like your relationship with God to become?
Benefit # 3: Receive Heavenly Citizenship
- 2 Timothy 4:18
- We are now citizens of heaven. Meaning our stay here on earth is only temporary. We are all bound to go to heaven.
- Discuss: As a citizen of heaven, how would you represent yourself among your friends and family?
What must we do now?
- Enjoy the benefits daily
- Read and meditate on the Bible more
- Join the worship services of Faithful Jesus Church
- What are three most important prayer request this week?
- Who are the persons you would like to invite in this cell group or to Faithful Jesus Church?
Share story of how God touched or changed your life this week
Identity # 1: God is Merciful and Doesn’t Want to Punish Us
- Exodus 34:6 (ESV)…”The Lord passed before him and proclaimed, “The Lord, the Lord, a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness,…
- God can wait for us. His timeline is different from our timeline. He can wait for us until we bow before Him and repent from our sins. (2 Peter 3:8)
Identity # 2: He is Just & He Must Punish Us
- Isaiah 13:11 (ESV) I will punish the world for its evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; I will put an end to the pomp of the arrogant, and lay low the pompous pride of the ruthless.
- God must and will punish sin and evil but he will give mercy and salvation to the repenting sinner. (Hebrews 4:16)
What must we do now?
- Know God by meditating on His Word (Joshua 1:8)
- Love God by joining the Church (Psalm 122:1)
- Serve God by connecting to the Faith Group (1 Thessalonians 5:11)
How will your new knowledge of God’s identity enhance your life and decisions this week? How will it affect your relationship in dealing with your friends and family members?
Share/testify how you God saved you from committing
errors, mistakes or sins.
Fact # 1: We are all Sinners
- Romans 3:10 (ESV) …”None is righteous, no, not one;…
- Romans 3:23 (ESV) …for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,…
- James 2:10 (ESV) For whoever keeps the whole law but fails in one point has become accountable for all of it.
- We are all accountable to God in what we think, feel and do.
- Are there sins you have done lately which God does not like?
Fact #2: We Cannot Save Ourselves
- Ephesians 2:8-9 (ESV)  For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,  not a result of works, so that no one may boast.
- Titus 3:5 (ESV) …he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit,…
- We cannot go to heaven because of good works.
- Salvation is by grace through faith in Christ alone.
What must we do now?
What are the things you need to deepen and develop in your life which will make you a better person for God’s glory?
Grace is “unmerited favor”. Even if we don’t deserve it God freely
and willingly gives it to us.
Grace Truth # 1: Grace is a Free Gift
- Romans 6:23 (ESV) For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Eternal life in heaven is a free gift we receive from God.
- Supposing you’ll die today, do you know where you will surely go?
Grace Truth # 2: Grace is Not Earned of Deserved
- John 3:16 (ESV) “…that he gave his only Son,…”
- God gave his Son (Jesus) as the greatest gift to mankind for the salvation of everyone from any kind of sin. (Romans 8:32)
- We must let go of our sins by confessing it to God. (1 John 1:9)
What must we do with God’s Grace?
- EXCEL in Grace – 2 Corinthians 8:7 (ESV) But as you excel in everything—in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in all earnestness, and in our love for you—see that you excel in this act of grace also.
- LIVE with Grace – 2 Timothy 2:1 (ESV) You then, my child, be strengthened by the grace that is in Christ Jesus
- MAGNIFY Grace – 2 Corinthians 12:9 (ESV) But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
Upon receiving this truth about grace, who are the persons you would like to share this?